A smart inbound email marketing strategy creates a profitable customer-driven experience.
Email marketing has been around since the late 70s and while it’s not as new and novel as other channels like messaging and social, it is very powerful when created for a customer-driven experience based on smart email marketing strategies.
Email marketing can be both a relationship-building and profit-building tool if you first understand how it works.
What is Email Marketing?
Email marketing is the process of targeting your audience and customers through email. It helps you boost conversions and revenue by providing subscribers and customers with valuable information to help achieve their goals.
When to Use Email Marketing?
There are many ways to use email marketing — some of the most popular tactics for using email marketing are to:
- Build relationships: Build connections through personalized engagement.
- Boost brand awareness: Keep your company and your services top-of-mind for the moment when your prospects are ready to engage.
- Promote your content: Use email to share relevant blog content or useful assets with your prospects.
- Generate leads: Entice subscribers to provide their personal information in exchange for an asset that they’d find valuable.
- Market your products: Promote your products and services.
- Nurture leads: Delight your customers with content that can help them succeed in reaching their goals.
Start with a Healthy Email List
Email marketing is not as easy as it may seem. It’s not as simple as quickly drafting a message and hitting the “send” button. You must build a healthy email list, make sure you’re complying with email regulations, and segment your contacts so you’re delivering the right messages to the right people, at the time and so much more.
Email Marketing and the Inbound Methodology
In previous blogs we’ve talked about the value of Inbound Marketing. Email marketing is now more than ever rooted in every part of our inbound strategy. Creating an inbound email marketing strategy means you’re creating a human, helpful, and customer-driven conversation and experience, and this is what will lead to impactful results for your business.
How to Build an Email Marketing Strategy
To build an effective email marketing strategy, there are three pillars:
- The significance of segmentation
- The power of personalization
- The impact of data-driven analysis.
Segmentation brings together two key inbound concepts: buyer personas and the buyer’s journey. Sending the right email at the right time to the right person means knowing who that person is and where they are in their buying journey.
Personalization builds trust with the people on the other side of your emails. You have to create a personalized conversation that engages them with content they’re interested in.
Data-driven Analysis is one of the most important pillars you have as an inbound professional. In a world that is always changing, where your customers consistently change the way they live and work, analysis helps you evolve with them and not be left behind.
Your customers continue to want an effortless experience. By analyzing your emails consistently and having email marketing as one of the core parts of your inbound strategy, you will give your customers what they need to continue the conversation with you.
To implement data-driven analysis into your email marketing,
- track the metrics that matter – it will be different for different businesses
- understand what those metrics indicate about the success of your emails – what’s moving and improving vs. what is slowing down, and
- apply what you’ve learned to optimize and improve each email you send
There are three things that every successful email marketing strategy should have in common:
- Software to implement and track your emails
- An understanding of your full-funnel conversations, and
- Clearly defined goals
Email marketing continues to grow and evolve in our changing world and while it might not be the newest tool, it has proven to be what works best for having highly personalized and contextual conversations with your customers.Competing for attention in the inbox has never been more challenging, but effective Email Marketing can be extremely successful. Let Witmer Group help you with your Email Marketing to energize your business growth and create profitable customer-driven experiences. Contact us soon!