This was a serious question posed to me by a well-intentioned person whom I like, after I explained what I do for work – digital marketing. The question stopped me in my tracks, something that doesn’t happen too often.
I smiled and paused while I thought about how to respond. It was a valid question, after all, considering the proliferation of new technologies and platforms. Admittedly, I’m not a digital native, just an immigrant to this brave new world. I don’t remember my exact answer to him, but I know it was not very articulate and probably sounded defensive. I have since reflected more on the question and feel even better about how I choose to spend my time.
11 Reasons Why Someone North of 39 Can Rock Social Media Marketing
1. Creativity does not have an expiration date.
2. Curiosity does not have an expiration date.
3. Listening does not have an expiration date.
4. Tenacity does not have an expiration date.
5. Intelligence does not have an expiration date.
6. Learning does not have an expiration date.
7. Agility does not have an expiration date.
8. Confidence improves with age.
9. Project management skills improve with age.
10. Perspective improves with age.
11. Discernment improves with age.
So there, I’ve said it. Now I’ll get back to the work I do: my social media projects. And boldly embrace the Twitters, Instagrams, Facebooks and the next new things of this world.